Monday, March 2, 2015

Sauteed Green Beans & Onions with Bacon

Bacon sure does make everything better! This quick and easy side dish will add a little excitement to any meal. I used ingredients that I had on hand and within a few minutes I had a dish that tasted like I spent a lot more time than I did creating it!

Sauteed Green Beans & Onions with Bacon



Ingredients:

1 pound fresh green beans, washed & trimmed
8 slices of turkey bacon (or the real deal if you don't mind the added calories)
1/2 red onion, chopped
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Start by steaming your green beans for about 5-7 minutes






Chop your bacon - I'm not gonna lie, I added a little extra because my hubby is a HUGE bacon fan!



Saute your bacon in a little olive oil until its crispy (turkey bacon doesn't get as crispy as pork, so saute it until it's the way you like it.)



Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Add the onion & garlic to the same pan and saute with a little olive oil until the onions are transparent - about 3-4 minutes.



Then add your steamed green beans and bacon and mix all together. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium low heat and blend all the flavors together. Season with sea salt & cracked pepper.



And that's it! You are ready to serve this tasty little dish to your family. I paired mine with some chicken and a salad, but this scrumptious little bean dish will go with just about anything!



No comments:

Post a Comment