Monday, February 2, 2015

Quick & Easy Game Day Meatballs

Meatballs are so great because they can be an appetizer, dinner, or a midnight snack! I love this recipe because I can put these little guys in my crock pot on low and let them simmer while I concentrate on other things. They make an amazing appetizer for game days or a delicious weeknight dinner paired with a salad or over some pasta for a more filling meal. I also love anything that makes my house smell like I've been slaving away in the kitchen for hours!


Quick and Easy Game Day Meatballs





Ingredients

For the meatballs:

1 pound lean grass fed beef or turkey (I used beef in my recipe)
1 egg
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp parsley flakes (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley - I was out of fresh so I used flakes in this recipe, but I always prefer fresh if available).
A dash or Sea Salt
A dash of Pepper
1 tsp Olive Oil

For the sauce:

1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp Olive Oil

Turn your crockpot on low and pour in the can of crushed tomatoes , add the Italian seasoning and mix. Saute the garlic in the olive oil for about a minute - (be careful not to burn it) then add it to your sauce.



Now onto the meatballs.....

Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, egg, parsley, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a bowl until it's mixed well. Saute the garlic and add to the mixture.




Next form your mixture into meatballs (approx. 1/8 cup each) and drop them into your crock pot.



I let these bad boys simmer on low for approximately 5 hours.




I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment