Thursday, February 12, 2015

Southwestern Baked Chicken & Beans

I DARE you to try and find an easier dinner to prepare...........this dish is so simple yet incredibly delicious. This is on my weeknight rotation because it is so quick and one of my husband's favorites. With only a few healthy ingredients, this dish is diabetic friendly as well!


Southwestern Baked Chicken & Beans




Ingredients:

2 Chicken Breasts
1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 16 oz jar of your favorite salsa (mine is Newman's mango salsa)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
Dash of sea salt
Dash of pepper



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.

Place the chicken breasts in the dish and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, sea salt, and cracked pepper.



Next, pour the jar of salsa over your chicken.




Now pour the rinsed black beans over the salsa.



This next step is the most important of all - cover the dish with tin foil before baking it ! The first time I attempted this dish I made the mistake of throwing it in the oven without tin foil - BIG FAT FAIL! My beans were all shriveled up and completely dried out, so I quickly scraped them off and opened up another can of beans and threw them on to save the meal, but I never made that mistake again!


And that's it! Bake it for about an hour and place on top of some rice - my favorite is black rice - and top with some green onions for some color!



No comments:

Post a Comment